Time : 45min
Cuisine : Indian
Serves : 4
Liberal carb: 50-100 grams per day
This vegan and gluten-free dish can be enjoyed on its own, but can also be served on a bed of bed of brown rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice for a fuller meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 eggplant, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 450 grams chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ cup fresh basil
- Seasoning to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring
occasionally, until softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, eggplant, curry powder and season. Cook, until fragrant.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered,
until eggplant is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas and cook just until heated through.
- Remove the vegetables from heat and stir in the basil.
- Transfer to plates and serve.