This 8-Module Emotional Bodywork Course: The Art Of Facilitating Emotional Healing Through The Body starts on October 27-28, 2017
The body contains a sophisticated cellular memory that holds the content of any impactful experience. Embracing and integrating positive experiences, and releasing and healing the negative ones are possible through Emotional Bodywork Healing. I believe this work will increasingly become part of both medical and psychological treatment settings, as the body is increasingly recognized as a truth-telling witness and sensitive receiver to all of life’s experiences.
This Emotional Bodywork Course is a highly experiential course, training participants in:
- Developing Presence and Holding Space
- The Emotional and Spiritual Art of Facilitating Another’s Healing
- Mastery of Breath and its Role in Healing.
- Perceiving Subtle Energy Shifts in Another’s Body and Energy Field, and in Oneself
- Sensitively and Skilfully Working with Trauma
- Trust in the Emotional Waves that Flow in a Healing Process
- Toning and Tibetan Bowls as a Healing Adjunct to Bodywork
- The Multi-Layers of Sexual Healing
- The Grieving Process
- Radical Forgiveness as an Eventual Liberation
- Choosing Music to Support the Processes
- Confidently Working with the Transference/Countertransference Dance in the Healing Relationship
- A Theoretical Framework informed by:
- Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing
- David Bercelli’s Trauma Release Process
- Stan and Christina Grof’s Holotropic Paradigm
- Brandon Bays’ Journey Work
- Inner Child Healing
- Sacred Sexuality
- Usui Reiki
- Sound Healing and Sacred Geometry in the Human Body
- Creative Response Therapy™ is an integrative visual art therapy technique that Cyntha has developed for 28 years and will be using it as an integrative tool for much of the work.
This will be an Advanced Course for those individuals:
- Ready for a 8-module immersion at a deep, comprehensive and experiential level.
- Who are coaches, counselors, healers, teachers or deeply committed seekers on the metaphysical/spiritual path
- Who have the inner strength and willingness to commit to this level of teaching and learning on personal, group and professional levels
This 8-module course will meet for a 2-day weekend, Friday and Saturday, over 8 months. It will begin October 27-28, 2017.
The proposed module dates will be:
- Module 1: October 27-28, 2017
- Module 1: November 10-11, 2017
- Module 2: December 15-16, 2017
- Module 3: January 12-13, 2018
- Module 4: February 9-10, 2018
- Module 5: March 16-17, 2018
- Module 6: April 20-21, 2018
- Module 7: May 4-5, 2018
Module 1: October 27-28, 2017
Contact, Attachment And Trust
- What are the factors behind being touched? What is attachment? What happens when there is too much or too little?
- Greater awareness of the subtle energy at play in another is developed, as well as our own subtle energy as facilitators. We are intuitive beings where the body is knowing and truth-telling; we learn how to listen discerningly.
- The art of holding space and being fully present is refined.
- Conscious breathing is focused on and becomes indispensable assistant in this work.
- We reinforce a relationship to a Higher Self – that we call on as a facilitator/bodyworker.
- We trust in the Inner Healer of the client.
- The Transference and Countertransference Dance is inherent in any healing work. It is often activated even more when the body is implicated for reasons we will experience and explore.
Module 2: November 10-11, 2018
Abuse and Trauma – Tools for Facing the ‘Devil’ – Round 1
- Physical, verbal, psychological, sexual and spiritual forms of abuse can corrupt the body’s wiring and present the biggest obstacles in truly loving and believing we are lovable. The Devil archetype is the Shadow tricking us in forgetting who we are and us believing the fallout of internalized toxic shame and eternal victimhood. As innocent, unconscious children, it is most challenging to remember who we are in the face of damaging abuse or neglect.
- Trauma may be connected with abuse or the fallout of devastating loss or change. One’s spiritual backbone and a trust in life and the world may have become fractured.
- We cultivate bodywork healing techniques and an overall trust in the process of facing, feeling and transforming trauma imprints.
- Working with Clay is an effective integrative tool when working with trauma.
Module 3: December 15-16, 2017
Toning and Vibrational Healing in the Body
- This module deepens our cultivation of emotional bodywork techniques.
- Vibrational healing expands the bodywork. We practice two methods – Toning and Tibetan singing bowl healing on the body and how and when to use these methods.
Module 4: January 12-13, 2018
Sexuality And Emotional Intimacy Reflected In The Body
- Good sex is a beautiful thing. Most long for its sensual pleasure, deep emotional connection and ecstatic heightened states. However, any unhealed unfinished business in the arenas of emotional intimacy, trust and sexuality will be an impediment. We may act out in addiction, withdrawal, numbness, blocks in orgasm or attracting emotionally, physically or sexually abusive partners. A sexual encounter is often unknowingly a bodywork session where the imprints of religion, society, parents/caretakers, past traumas and former partners all swirl together, longing to be healed.
- This module creates a safe space to open to the sexual or intimacy blocks within and shows the way to natural, progressive healing.
- Skill and sensitivity is developed in facilitating sexual healing in another’s body.
Module 5: February 9-10, 2018
Nurturance And Self Care
- This module focuses first on self-care. Healers often put themselves last.
- The Inner Healer is focused on through yoga, the art of loving self-massage and how to do emotional bodywork on self.
- On the second day, we look at all the transference and countertransference that goes into being in the nurturing, caretaking role of an emotional bodyworker/healer, so that we bring the utmost integrity, awareness and self-preservation to this role.
Module 6: March 16-17, 2018
Valiant Warriors In The Face Of Abuse – Round 2
- By this module, the group has reached important levels of trust, cohesion and skill. We surrender even more and cultivate greater mastery in the face of abuse and trauma pertinent to each participant and to the group overall.
- This module supports participants to move from victim consciousness to creative empowerment, as they are naturally ready.
Module 7: April 20-21, 2018
Sacred Geometry in the Body: Sound, Crystals And Mandalas
- The golden ratio, which is equal to approximately 1.618, can be found in various aspects of our life, including nature, human biology, architecture, and the arts. The design of the human body follows the laws of sacred geometry, which we discover in this module.
- The effects of sound on the body are further explored.
- An introduction to working with crystals is practiced, both on the body and working with crystal grids.
- Mandalas on the outer plane are explored and as well as how the human body is also a mandala, both mathematically and metaphorically with the heart at the center point and the implications of such.
Module 8: May 5-6, 2018
Vision Quest – Indoors And Outdoors
- Water Fasting is explored and its healing effects on the body.
- The benefits of deep physical, spiritual discipline are acknowledged.
- When we fast, unhealed emotional material is more accessible, which we further integrate.
- Early morning is spent in nature where we will hold a healing ritual.
- The entire course is processed for optimal integration.
- What Next? The future application of the learning is explored.
Pre-Course And Post-Course Interview of 1-Hour Each
- Pre-Course Interview – an overview of where you are in your professional and personal life. Your objectives for the course will be discussed. We will discuss how this course could serve you on both fronts.
- Post-Course Interview – discussion of how the course served you personally and professionally and where you are called to take your personal healing and professional advancement further.
Reading And Homework Requirement
A few books, articles, book excerpts and videos will be assigned for the course.
A spiritual practice is highly supportive in maintaining a relationship to one’s Higher Self. Each participant will be requested to commit to a regular spiritual practice.
Emotional Bodywork Practice
Minimally one practice emotional bodywork session with a course member will happen once a month with a brief report emailed in, explaining how the material of the course has been applied, any transference and countertransference issues identified and reflections on how to take the work further.
The Course will be conducted in Dubai, UAE. Details will be sent out upon enrolment.
Each day: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Fee and Deposit
The 25,000 AED fee includes instruction over 8 weekends in an intimate group with maximum 8 participants, all course material, a manual, email responses to the monthly reports and a healthy lunch each course day.
A non-refundable deposit of 2000 AED is required to secure your place as numbers will be limited to 8 participants for optimal learning conditions.
Full payment deadline will be October 12, 2017. Alternatively, a payment plan can be arranged of a total of 27,000 AED, paid in 3 payments: 10,000 by Oct. 12, 2017 with two post-dated checks: one of 10,000 AED for Dec. 1, 2017 and the second of 7000 AED for Feb. 1, 2018.
For those who are attending a course with me for the first time:
- To be fully available for the teachings of this course, I will invite you to do certain reading and written exercises prior to joining.
Cyntha Gonzalez has counselled individuals, couples and families, and facilitated and taught for the last 30 years internationally. She did her masters studies in Transpersonal Psychology at CIIS, is a Reiki Master, an art therapist, a certified hypnotist and a certified Holotropic Breathwork facilitator. She has lived and worked in Dubai for the last 19 years, bringing this work throughout the Middle East, as well as to Europe, the US and Latin America and now most recently India, Palestine and Israel. For more info on Cyntha’s work and course testimonials, go to: www.cynthagonzalez.com