These tender, gluten and dairy free strawberry muffins are kissed with a little lemon and studded with pieces of strawberry for an extra tasty treat to share with your loved one. Quinoa flour is an excellent nutritional substitute to regular flour as it is packed with protein and is much higher in fiber than most grains.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly coat the ramekin with non stick baking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, xylo sugar, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, whisk he coconut oil with warm water until well blended. Whisk in the vanilla, non dairy yogurt, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Quickly stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture until just combined, taking care not to over mix. Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour mixture into ramekin and bake for 22-25 minutes or when muffins spring back when pressed in the center. Let cool and set to enjoy later!
- 75 (80z) quinoa flour
- 75g (80z) coconut flour
- tsp vanilla
- 115 xylo sugar
- 1/4 bicarb soda
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice