This soup is one of my favourite cleansing soups as it is loaded with vitamins, fibre and minerals and you will literally feel working. It’s especially high in vitamin C and A which are powerful antioxidants. This broccoli soup is great as it balances oestrogen levels in hormonal women. It’s a very good start to a meal as it helps in digestion.
– Katrina Valente, Holistic Facialist
Time: 15 minutes
Low carb: Less than 20 grams per day
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup greens (kale, spinach, beet greens
or any other available)
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups filtered water or low sodium
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Toasted mixed seeds and nuts, 1
teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
- In a soup pot, heat the coconut oil, add the onion, garlic, carrot, parsnip, celery sticks and broccoli, and cook over low heat for five minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the filtered water or vegetable broth, bring to a boil, then cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for five to seven minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in the greens, then transfer into the blender, add the chia seeds and lemon, and process to obtain a smooth cream.
4. Top with toasted seeds, a dash of (low fat) coconut milk and enjoy.
Facials and bespoke anti-ageing treatments is what Katrina is most passionate about and her mission is to unveil radiance in her clients. Over years of experience, Katrina has discovered uniquely effective ways to integrate other holistic therapies to her superior beauty treatments, enhancing results even further. This expert approach has brought her international acclaim and recognition. Travelling worldwide as a resident expert therapies at top resort hospitality chains like Six Senses and Anantara, Katrina’s tailored approach has placed her among the world’s top ‘facialists’.
Mobile: 050 565 7679