Time : 45 minutes
Cuisine : Italian
Serves : 2
Liberal carb : 60-100 per day
Light, healthy and simple, yet incredibly satisfying, this vegan and gluten-free pasta recipe is great for lunch or dinner.
- ¾ pound box of gluten-free penne
- 4 red or orange bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- ¾ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ cup almonds, roasted and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Seasoning to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water while draining.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet skin-side up and broil until blackened.
- Scrape the charred skin from the peppers and wipe clean with paper towels. Roughly chop.
- Add the peppers, olives, almonds, oil, thyme, two tablespoons of the reserved cooking water, and seasoning to the pasta and toss to combine. If you feel the sauce is too thick, add a little more pasta water to loosen.