This refreshing and nutrient-packed salad is packed full of green goodness, and is a breeze to make!
Time: 10minsCuisine: Multi-CuisineServes: 4Low Carb: Under 20 grams per day
- 1 bunch chard, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/4 head cabbage, red, shredded (optional)
- 1/4 medium onion, red, thinly sliced – can also use shallots (optional)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, raw
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
In a blender, prepare your salad dressing of choice.
- Toast Pumpkin Seeds – In an oven (or toaster oven), toast raw pumpkin seeds at 350 F until lightly browned and crispy, tossing occasionally, for about 5-10 minutes. Keep a watchful eye during toasting, as they can burn quickly! Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the salad: in a large bowl, toss together chard, spinach, carrots, cabbage, onion and lemon juice.
- Add your salad dressing of choice and toss until thoroughly combined.
- Serve into salad bowls and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Note: Leftovers will taste best if the salad, the pumpkin seeds and the dressing are all stored separately until ready to serve.
If you would rather drink your greens, here’s a great Paleo Green Smoothie recipe for you…