It’s impossible to avoid fries, but I make a healthier version that’s lower on the carb scale, not fried yet also loved by my children. Making oven fries out of sweet potatoes brings out their inherent sweetness, and is a much healthier option than regular potatoes.
We enjoy them on their own as a nutritious snack, or accompanied by fish, for an informal family meal.
– Nicole Haimari, Holistic Healing Facilitator & Trainer
Time : 45min
Serves : 4
Moderate carb: 20-50 grams per day
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 to 8 sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise into quarters
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Lightly grease a baking tray, or line with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil and paprika. Add sweet potato, and toss to coat. Place on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven.
Nicole is an Intuitive Painting facilitator, certified Colour Therapist, experienced in Art Therapy. Nicole is also a Transformation Through Values facilitator. An ex-private banker with Masters degree in Economics and a mother of two, Nicole has been working in the healing and transformation realms for several years now. She deepened her spiritual journey through extended studies of the Akashic Records, expanding her experience in Intuitive Art and Transformational Techniques. Nicole executes workshops where she combines several technics to explore Mind, Body, and Soul themes.
Follow her on Instagram @NicoleHaimari