Sugar supposedly activates the same memory centres as heroin; that’s why it’s difficult to stop once we start eating it. This warm Konjac Rice Pudding by bestselling author and online recipe star Dr. Steve Gundry contains organic sweetener Xylitol that tastes way better than stevia and is gluten-free fibre and protein-rich too.
Not only is the guilt-free Konjac dessert tasty and simple to make, it’s also good for our prebiotics. Konjac is the next big thing in nutrition-dense cuisine. Great for the skin, great for gut health. Even Victoria Beckham swears by it.
The fibrous Asian root is used to make noodles, spaghetti, rice, flour, jellies and even natural sponges. It’s said to be good for you whether you eat it or use it as a beauty product for ‘glowing’ skin or silky hair.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 250 grams of SlendierSlim Konjac Rice
- 2 cups sugar-free almond milk
- 2 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoon gluten-free chick pea flour
- 1/4 cup extra almond milk
- Pistachios to garnish
- Prepape Konjac Rice as per instructions on pack and set aside.
- Add 2 cups of soya milk to pot and place on gentle heat.
- Add Xylitol and vanilla essence to pot and stir; reduce heat.
- Combine chick pea flour or starch and add extra milk in a small bowl. Mix to form paste.
- Add Konjac rice and flour mixture to pot and stir.
- Gently stir until mixture thickens.
- Divide equally into four small bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon, garnish with pistachios.
- Serve warm or refrigerate to cool